If you know of a related research or projects, please send us (birukou AT disi.unitn.it) a link.
Areas of research that are related to LiquidPub could include:
- The process of writing papers as developing complex, collaborative artifacts.
- Digital Libraries, Digital Objects, and Open Access initiatives.
- Business models for the publishing industry.
- Trust, reputation, credit attribution, and collaborative reviewing.
- Epistemology of IT and social epistemology.
Please send links, suggestions, and additional material to Aliaksandr Birukou <birukou at disi dot unitn dot it>.
How to circulate a relevant link (for consortium members)
We collect such links in Delicious (http://delicious.com/tag/liquidpub). If you would like to suggest a related link - please follow these steps:
- bookmark the link adding "liquidpub" tag (and other meaningful tags)
- use also other existing (when applicable) or new tags to hint why the page is being chosen
- if possible, copy/paste the most important passages in the "notes" field, so later we know right away what our common conversation is about.
- send an e-mail to the LP-all mailing list saying that you bookmarked the link (may be later people will subscribe for updates, but in the beginning it is better to support also old-fashioned distribution habits:))
To access the links tagged "liquidpub"
- Log in your own delicious account
- Go to subscriptions (bookmarks - > subscriptions)
- Click "Add a subscription" and type in the tag "liquidpub"
Then all links tagged "liquidpub" by different people will appear in your subscriptions, where you can always access them. This way, we all could also access all the links previously tagged "liquidpub" too.
- Qlectives (Quality Collectives) - University of Fribourg participates there for animating Qscience - Web 2.0 way of enabling scientists to interact
The Research Information Network (RIN) has completed a project on Communicating knowledge: how and why UK researchers publish and disseminate their findings.
- The Socionet group has an ongoing project on Models of electronic citation with quality attributes (In Russian)
- MESUR - The project's major objective is enriching the toolkit used for the assessment of the impact of scholarly communication items, and hence of scholars, with metrics that derive from usage data.
- Research3.org/ - This project is looking at the impact and influence of Web 2.0 on e-Research infrastructure, services, applications and users.
- OpenAIRE - One of the objectives of this EU project is to build an Open Access repository of publications of EU projects. Also, they investigate how to publish scientific datasets.
- Academic Publication Management (PUMA) - Automatically gathering metadata about Open Access publications and helping scientists to manage them.
- Virtual Research Environment - The purpose of a Virtual Research Environment (VRE) is to help researchers from all disciplines to work collaboratively by managing the increasingly complex range of tasks involved in carrying out research on both small and large scales.
- LogiLogi - Platform for philosophic (and not only) discussions and also for writing down your ideas (not ready for a paper yet). Linkage between Logis and comments are exactly in line with SKO ideas.
- Taolin - Open source Web desktop, consists of widgets, aims at knowledge sharing between an organizational group. Contains slide sharing widget, similar to LP ideas about sharing your research in scientific dashboard.
Related LiteratureThe h-index: Advantages, limitations and its relation with other bibliometric indicators at the micro level, Journal of Infometrics
Some "liquid" papers from interdisciplines:
- "Back to Basics: How Technology and the Open Source Movement Can Save Science", http://www.interdisciplines.org/liquidpub/papers/1
- "Peer-to-peer review", http://www.interdisciplines.org/liquidpub/papers/2
- "What Science can learn from Google?", http://www.interdisciplines.org/liquidpub/papers/3/version/original
- "Sifting through the Online Web of Knowledge", http://www.interdisciplines.org/liquidpub/papers/4
Some blogs entries (in French) related to the notion of "liquid publications":
- "Soirée "Science 2.0" à Paris le 27 novembre", http://www.enroweb.com/blogsciences/index.php?2008/11/17/356
- "Du vin au web 2.0, comment la sagesse collective se forme",
- "Enquète: Quand les scientifiques se mettent а blogger", http://www.cite-sciences.fr/francais/ala_cite/science_actualites/sitesactu/question_actu.php?langue=fr&id_article=11423